Saturday 17 August 2013

Soon be time for Barnaby's introduction to agility

Barnaby will soon be old enough to attend agility classes


Barnaby says:  " Helen says that in a months time I will be one year old.  Well my birthday is September 29 actually, so it will be in just over a month's time and guess what when I have come of age I can begin taking agility lessons.......Oh what fun that is going to be.

But first dear Sue Baker, from Up N Over Dog Training Club, Upper Heyford, who has taken on the role of my personal trainer, says I still have a lot to learn before I begin jumping hurdles, climbing dog frames and leaping through tyres.


Barnaby and Sue Baker of Up N Over Dog Training Club
 
I mustn't, for example jump up and give people a big furry cuddle when I see them and I must sit still at all times while waiting for instructions.  These are things I do not always do, I find it so difficult to hold back when someone  enters the room who I long to hug. Sue is helping me curb these enthusiasms but as I still tend to go for the big hug, she is showing me how to stand still and simply smile  rather than rush up towards them at 70 miles an hour. Yes Sue is a very special person, exceptional actually as she loves doggies like me even when I am naughty and trains us dogs to all levels of Kennel Club Good Citizen Awards. As Sue has been doing this for more than 10 years so there is nothing much she doesn't know about training dogs like me.

The lovely thing about Up N Over is the amount of friends I am making.  I'll tell you about them all next time."
Barnaby



No comments:

Post a Comment