Thursday 18 April 2013

Barnaby's Rose

Barnaby's Rose

Well  I was going to move that standard rose from its pot this year anyway, so as Barnaby had provided me with a deep hole in the middle of the lawn large enough to hold at least one rose, perhaps two, it seemed a good idea to replant it. What's the point in having a large hole doing nothing, far better to utilise it, even if it is not the ideal place for a rose.


Barnaby admiring his rose


One problem however, I had lost the tag telling me its name, and as the leaves are only just coming out I have no idea what this particular rose is called - so as this was Barnaby's first important gardening job, I have called it Barnaby's Rose.  I think he rather likes that and may well enjoy watching it come into bloom.

No comments:

Post a Comment