Sunday 5 May 2013

Another Nice Cup of Tea

Another Nice Cup of Tea

Barnaby says:

Helen was invited to get into the spirit of summer by attending the grand opening of the Aspall Cyder Garden at The Fishes pub, North Hinksey, Oxford, yesterday.  She said yes, as long as she could bring Barnaby".  Sarah, the lovely woman who had invited on behalf of Peach Pubs laughed and said that anyone inviting Helen to an event these days automatically assumed that Barnaby comes too. So I went as well. Apparently Peach pubs, who run the Fishes have invited Helen to lots of their special events, and always permit her to bring a canine friend. I have already visited the Fleece at Witney, which is one of their pubs.
In the Water Meadows

First we walked the lovely water meadows that stand besides The Fishes. They are full of bright yellow dandelions at the moment and look particularly lush and beautiful.  Having walked the meadows we then  entered the Aspall Cyder Garden through the back gate, having walked a full circle through the meadows.
Helen drank a lovely long chilled glass of Aspall's Premier Cru, Suffolk Cyder once we were inside, which she described  as the perfect drink after a dog walk.  Me?  Oh, Helen requested a nice  cup of tea for me and remembering  how much I had enjoyed my bowl of tea at the Fleece Pub, Witney, the lovely Sarah brought me one.  On noticing steam coming out of the bowl as she placed it before me she threw a few ice cubes in to cool it down - am I not the lucky one?

Drinking my nice cup of tea
Helen ate something from the Barbecue, (I just watched because I had already had my lunch) and together we chatted to friends and listened to the music performed by three acoustic bands.

Thanks to the impressive hospitality supplied by The Fishes staff, the sunshine that suddenly poured into the garden also my nice cup of tea, Helen's glass of cyder and the music, we really did have a  wonderful time.  Am I not a lucky dog?

No comments:

Post a Comment