Sunday 16 June 2013

Any suggestions?

Any suggestions?
Barnaby enjoying the bluebells at Pinsley Wood.
Just a brief note because there is something I need help with.
Barnaby has developed a new trick and it is worrying me.
Strangely it is something he only does in the morning, and only when he and I are alone. 

 Every morning we enjoy a two mile circular walk that takes us through several fields and a green lane.  There is a certain point on the walk, after Barnaby has entered the green lane, that he walks behind me for a while, then suddenly accelerates his speed, rushes towards me at 70 miles an hour and jumps up with great force, placing paws on my shoulders with such strength I am almost pushed over.
He thinks this is great fun, and does it several times.

Remembering what the instructors at Up N Over told me about not letting him get the better of me, I use growly words spoken in a loud angry voice to reprimand him as they suggested, but he doesn't seem to take any notice. He simply takes a deep breath and then does it all over again and I swear he laughs as he does this.

Is it a game? Is he cross with me?  Why the same place every day? What should I do? Should I change the walk to avoid the area that seems to generate this action?
Any advice would be much appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment