Thursday 6 June 2013

Walkies by the River

Walkies by the River

Barnaby says:  "When Helen told me I was to lead a walk today, my first official engagement, I admit I did a double flipWell she might think I am old enough to take charge of a walkies, but I had my reservations. Even if I am growing up really quickly I am still a puppy, I don't have the experience she thinks I have.
Preparing to begin the walk
But off we went, arriving at Kennington at 9.30am as promised to meet the lovely group of enthusiasts who share a walk on a weekly basis.  I had been elected to lead the walk even though this was my first visit t Kennington.

All went quite well until I Helen let me off the lead. On seeing a group of ducks swimming on the river I simply leapt in (as one does) and attempted to catch one or two of the ducks. I didn't catch them of course it was fun! But people watching got very cross!  So did Helen.

Dear Sylvia Vetta a very talented writer who organises these events did accept that I am still a puppy and not totally responsible for what I do, but Helen remained cross, particularly when on puting me  on my lead and I pulled and pulled and pulled. She says her shoulders still hurt from all my pulling. She's convinced that her right arm is now at least 4 inches longer than the left one. What a fuss she makes when I up the pace and speed things up a little. 

The walk as such (Just a rather long mile and a bit) was indeed lovely as the sun came out quickly filling the scene with golden rays that filled the whole world before us with lush and beautiful scenery. The buttercups made their own statement the moment that the sun fell onto them adding a golden glow to the scene before us.  All very lovely. 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment