Thursday 14 February 2013

An Oxford River walk

An Oxford River Walk

Suddenly the sun came out - the thermometer read 9 degrees - it was time for a serious puppy walk so we headed for the Thames and the Perch Inn, Binsey.
Barnaby says: 
Barnaby's 1st swim
"This was my first river walk. Actually I had no idea what a river was until today.  Gosh all that water - miles and miles of it, all lying there waiting to be explored.  And yes, I did explore it, though my first attempts at swimming left much to be desired and frightened me a little. It was rather cold too. I was shivering all the way  home in the car because Helen had forgotten to bring a towel!  Thank goodness I had had a nice hot cup of tea at the Pearch Inn before I went for a swim, that kept me warm inside, so only my outside was cold. I had another nice cup of tea when we got home too."


Enjoying a nice cup of tea 
Port Meadow seemed a magic place, loads of other dogs were there too, all darting in and out of the water, some of them swimming into the middle and back, which is probably what spurred me on.

Barnaby paddles in the floods

No comments:

Post a Comment