Saturday 9 February 2013

Paws for a pastry brush

Helen says: "When you welcome a puppy into your home, you have to accept that it won't take the little fellow long to leave his mark. Barnaby is particularly fond of wooden furniture, in fact he just loves digging those sharp little puppy teeth deep into almost anything made of wood. Even the wooden floors are not exempt and oil-soaked pastry brushes a special favorite, particularly when they are really old-worn-pieces of equipment I've owned since attending catering college many years ago.
It all began when I left the pastry brush on the garden table next to a salad while returning to the kitchen to collect my camera. I was using it to paint a mix of grenadine and oil on some salad leaves to enhance their appearance. On returning I discover the brush was battered, its bristles chewed and its handle worn and ravished. He had licked up the grenadine and oil mix too!"

No comments:

Post a Comment