Thursday 21 February 2013

Sandy's delicious cottage pie

Sandy's delicious cottage pie

Barnaby says:

"Helen's friends are always telling me I am a lucky little puppy as Helen,my mistress, takes food seriously.  They are right.  I doubt there's another puppy in the whole country who eats as well as I do. Helen says that when I get older I will have less meals but they will be bigger - at the moment I get breakfast, lunch, tea and supper, but just in small portions.
Simply delicious - how lucky I am
If Helen looks as if she is going to oversleep and keep me waiting for breakfast at the beginning of the day, I trot upstairs with my green plastic feed bowl and gently tap her face with it.  That works every time, though it sometimes means I get a far smaller breakfast because she is mad at me.
Because Helen is a food writer, she often gets to taste-test certain foods.  Now I am getting older she is letting me help her with that task.
Sandy's ready meal for me to taste
Today Helen visited Sandy who runs Cornucopia Cooks, which  is a delightful little foodie outlet in Eynsham High Street (opposite the Co-op)  that prepares ready-meals (frozen and chilled) for humans.  She was cooking cottage pie when Helen called, which is why I was offered cottage pie for my lunch. Helen said it looked so mouthwatering she couldn't resist buying one for me as I have been really good this week and haven't chewed much of the furniture or chased the cats.

It is delicious, tasted rich and meaty - just what every dog should have for lunch. I was given just one spoonful but will have another spoonful this afternoon when it is tea time.  And providing I don't hit Helen in the face with the food bowl when she is asleep, there's every chance I will have more tomorrow.  I am certainly a very lucky dog to be given such wonderful human food" I might phone Sandy and tell her the pie was delicious - I think her phone number is: 07551876285.

No comments:

Post a Comment